Loss of graphics capability on old computer

huntsmank

Beta member
I am far from knowedgable about computers. The other night when I came home and turned on my computer all the icons on the desktop looked differently, etc, etc. It now displays all pages on the net, e-mail, etc grainy and with much less color. I went to the appearence settings and they were set down at only 16 colors and the lowest resolution. Upon increasing both the computer prompted a restart for setting to take place and when doing so and returning to those settings it appears the settings dont change/ respond to the settings change I made. My pictures stored on the computer now look basically black and white, etc. Is this a sign of the graphics card failing or am I missing something?:confused:

It is probably a problem with the graphics card drivers, just reinstall them, I you know which card you have or the model number of the PC then we can help you find the drivers.

Thanks fx, Im going to check if I have anything on my disc for the computer. If not, Ill post the make and model. Its very old and most peoples hair would stand up if I told them its Windows ME operating system, LOL

lol, don't worry about it, about a year ago I had a very old laptop (Pentium 3) which was running Windows ME (upgraded to xp later, then it broke a while after) and despite the bad press about Windows ME, I really liked it.

Back
Top Bottom