Looking for side upgrades

dakxxus

BSOD
So after school getting out and whatnot, I've decided what else to spend my money on except new computer parts! So i have a couple questions about what i should do...

1). I am going to get vista soon, so I am also going to upgrade to 8GB ram POSSIBLY, or just change out what I've got for less sticks and higher performance gaming RAM. I have no idea how to figure out what RAM will be compatible with my mobo (Intel 5000X)

2). Would the gaming ram be better then...

I want something that has high mhz or something like that, better performance then what I have. Note: Doesn't have to be 8GB

3). Can i get a fan that possibly would attach to my CPU heatsink?

4). Can i add large case fans to a dell case? Is it technologically possible? I sometimes notice my temps hit a little bit high under stress.

5). Would a PCI slot fan be any good to cool my case down? If so, are there any that dont need an extra 4 or 6 pin power connector?

That pretty much sums it up..

It would be nice if it displayed your RAM timings. You can add fans that flow more air or are bigger (look at 120MM fans, the one on the left in the pic is), but because of Dell's non-standard fan plugs, any fan you get is going to have to be connected to the power supply.

I just looked at your sig, holy Jesus that's a crazy rig you have!

Would it be safe to use the splitters on the power cords to support one of those fans?

Are you talking about the fans that have a connector on it so you can chain another fan to it? Yes, those are fine.

Back
Top Bottom