looking for new speakers!

jay8990

Daemon Poster
Howdy!

Im looking for a new set of speakers, something nice, 5.1 prob. Just around £40! nothing waaay overboard!
I've seen Creative P5800 or Trust SP-6100P

The ones I have the now make a terrible hiss all time, I'm just looking for something that wont do this!

any advice please...

Yeah, it should hopefully be your speakers creating the hiss.
Though cbheck these options first. Find the sound volume logo in the task bar and open it up.

First check that the sound volume isn't set all the way up, and instead higher the volume using the speakers, does this help?

Next, check that you don't have a microphone plugged in and it is recieving stuff and sending it out through speakers. So mute the microphone if so.
If it isn't listed, go to Options, Properties and select Microphone from the list and press okay.

If all this isn't causing it, a good Creative set is never bad :) You are looking for ones with good wattage on each speaker, one that has the highest sound to noise ratio, and one that has the lowest bass response (50 and lower is good, since 20hz is the lowest we can hear).

Hope these suggestions help :)

Yeah Logitech are very good :) I've learnt that, since they tend to have a very good wattage for each speaker so yeah, try those out :D

Hmm... I think thats to get other users to buy there stuff, and to sell stuff.

I think this forums fine for this kind of thing, as its asking a suggestion.

btw i have the 7.1 version of those creative set you listed and the 7.1's sound very nice. although the X-530's can go top volume with no distortion on speakers and teh bass is very nice and solid because my brother has that set. only problem i find with the creative set i have is the amount of wires for the back of the sub. i would go with the X-530 is i were you

Yeah I agree with that :) In some cases, logitech has gone above Creative it seems for speaker design even though they are the top sound people...

They beat them with wattage on each speaker which allows for no distortion, even at high levels. The bass response doesn't seem to be as good, though in most cases, you wouldn't notice the low bass, and would still get loads of rumble if you wanted it :p

I agree that the down side of this set is the wiring to the sub. But the option is all the wiring to the tower. 6 of one half dozen of the other I guess.

yeah kage, def speakers making the hiss.

I've saw them speakers already on a british site but they are £50, so just a little over my price. If you guys say they are so good though ill just go for em!

Back
Top Bottom