Looking for a laptop

NANDNOR

Beta member
I'm looking for a laptop, and I'd like to not go above $700 at most if I can help it. My current computer at home has a intel P4 1.7Ghz, 640MB SDRAM, and a radeon 9250 running windows XP. It runs games like fable and guild wars up to good enough standards for me. I'm not much of a modern gamer but I do like the idea of having a computer that could handle newer games such as when Guild wars 2 comes out.:)

But at the minimum I want to be able to at least have this laptop match my current computer specs, and most likely will exceed the processor and RAM. But the graphics card is the real problem, I need one that will at least outdo my radeon 9250.

For example would the 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 in the dell studio 15, or even the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 in the dell inspiron 1525. Now I am open to other brands but current dell seems to have a ton of sales. For example the studio 15 at $749. (Yes I went at little above my starting price but that is doable to some extent. Does anything no a computer that can do what I want (at least beat the radeon 9250 in gaming, and be a good deal) I also would like a 64 bit dual core, and at least 2 gigs RAM.

i got my laptop in my sig for $400 from Best Buy.
and it seems like it beats yours.
Just look around, mainly on Sundays, Thats when stores have things on sale.
I wouldnt really recommend a laptop for gaming, the laptops seem to die out faster that way. Unless you get an gaming laptop, which it seems like its $1000+ for a good one.

I'd personally run away from an x3100 or intel 900/950. There less Graphic cards and more video controllers. They'll scrape it, but performance? Forget about it. (To be read in a mafioso style accent.)

How about the 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 is this decent for occasional gaming? My radeon 9250 can handle GTA San andreas, guild wars, and fable. If it can play these games with the 256MB ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 I'll be happy.

Back
Top Bottom