looking for decent notebook

REGNARTS_

Baseband Member
Nowadays, what is the best notebook configuration and where can I find it? I'm looking into buying a new notebook under $1,500. It will be for general use such as school work (writing paper, programming etc.) and a little multimedia and gaming once in a while. I would like my clock-speed to be 2.0ghz or above. weighs not too heavy and about 14" or above of screen. I like the pentium M but pentium 4 with HT is nice too. SpeedStep technology is a thumbs up. I've look into sony vaios, Dells, alienware, hypersonic, and most of the time, they cost too much. Any recommend sites?

Thanks.

I like HP's which is what i have, it never gave me a problem. My family has 3 of them and they all work fine with no problems. Except mine has a loud fan because of the prosessor that i have in mine. But my dad's and mom's have celeron M's which dont give off much heat therefore the fan doesn't need to come on basically at all and when it comes on it is silent.

Try gateway... I saw some really nice ones in the ad's this week... I think it was from bestbuy. Gateway labtops are ok though... I recommend sony's vaio just because they are rock solid and have the least breakage...

Noticed what I said.... I changed my mind halfway through... but I did have one for a year and it did really well. No problems at all. It was an amd 64 3400+, 1g of ram, 80g hd, and an ati 9700 64mb chip. All for $1400. It was pretty good. Oh, an a 15.4 widescreen with xbrite or whatever it's called... but I did sony in the end, just because they build such good labtops...

Yeah, that was the only reason that I got it... an amd 3400+ and 1g of ram on a labtop was better than my desktop at the time...

Back
Top Bottom