Looking for build help on 1,000 USD Budget

Footfalls

Solid State Member
I'd really appreciate any suggestions on parts to help me build a computer on a 800-1000 USD budget. I reviewed the stickied build list but that was from over 2 years ago and all the parts that he suggested for the build I was looking at were all sold out.
I plan on using my 32" 720p LCD TV Samsung as a monitor and I don't need any speakers, I plan on using a surround sound headset all the time.
I don't even know what all I'd need to order. Processor, Motherboard, Video Card, Sound Card, Hard drive, OS, Memory, Computer case, and PSU..?
I'm going to be using this computer for gaming, primarily Heroes of Newerth and Diablo 2 and 3, Warcraft 3, and Starcraft 2. I'd appreciate any suggestions, thank you.

I put this together, what do you think? I think I have an outline of what I'm doing. Are all of these pieces compatible?
CPU/Mobo
Memory
2 of these video cards
Hard Drive
Case
CD/DVD Burner
PSU
Windows 7
Is this a decent build? Are the two video cards I listed better then one gtx 470?
I also found an All in One section for desktops, I found this - is this better then what I picked out?
Prebuilt

Thank you for your advice : o) I appreciate you taking the time to help me! If you could please take a gander at what I picked out and tell me if I'm doin' it right please =]

ditch that hard drive. That tech is over 5 years old now. You want a minimum of 250GB with 32MB of cache if you can do it. I wouldn't look at anything less than that for a single drive system. 500GB would be ideal, they're priced pretty well these days.

Two of those 5770's are pretty nice, and for the most part will meet or beat, but just a little, a GTX 470. The GTX 470 by itself is the better buy because two of those will beat two 5770's according to the benchmarks I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom