Looking for another Graphics Card - Help?

dwmcc

Solid State Member
Hello All, and thanks in advance for any help provided!

I currently have a XFX HD-487A-ZHDC Radeon HD 4870 1GB XXX 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card, and it's for a PCIE x16 slot, which there is only one of on my mobo. I absoutely love this video card, and I'm glad I invested in it, as it's really powerful and can play all the games I need. I'm looking to add another video card, to do some professional video work, and I need more than the two monitors that mine currently supports. I'm guessing that the only way I can add another video card to my computer is through the PCI slot, and I'm looking for suggestions of good PCI video cards that are not too pricey, but worth the money. I really don't care if the output is DVI or VGA, but I'd prefer a good amount of onboard memory, so it can handle some pretty intense rendering. If I'm wrong about having to get a PCI video card, please say so, and otherwise, I'd like suggesitons for video cards that are compatible with my mobo (GIGABYTE GA-MA790XT-UD4P AM3 DDR3 AMD 790X ATX AMD Motherboard), and keep in mind that I already have one video card taking up the PCIE x16 slot.

Thanks for any and all help you can provide!

-dwmcc

You have two PCI-E slots on that motherboard so you could get another PCI-E card and and pop it in.

Since your getting another graphics card ditch the HD4870 and buy a nice card for your multi monitor video editing and gaming.

Something like the HD5870 maybe.

Thanks for replying. Are you sure I have two slots?

I see now, one slot is PCIE x16, and one's PCIEx8.

Thanks for replying. Are you sure I have two slots?

I see now, one slot is PCIE x16, and one's PCIEx8.

Yea that's it. They are both PCI-E slots that different throughput speeds; either will accommodate graphic cards.

But consider getting one card to do both jobs. The HD5870 has Eyefinity, up to 6 monitors, and will give you excellent graphical power for gaming.

Sweet. Thanks. Any possibility of a Newegg link? I checked but there are so many HD5870 options. Recommendations?

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom