Longhorn - is it worth the upgrade?

crazyman143

Fully Optimized
I have heard different opinions on the upcoming longhorn... but overall I have heard that it isn't really that great and is basically going to be a resource hogger that's just like XP with some tweaks and upgrades... so my question is, in your opinion, is it worth the upgrade? or stick with XP?

I personally plan to upgrade eventually, but it's not a huge priority

ill get longhorn when i get a new pc and need a new operating system. But when it comes out im not going to get it. Theirs no point, it's just wasted money in my opinion. I've used XP flawlessly really, and longhorn doesn't come off as a benchmark in operating systems. (Although i bet its better then tiger :p hehehe). Reallly from what i've read about it, alls it appears to be is a sleeker look, with a few extra features.

PS: Crazyman143 your system pwnz all the other n00bs systems.

Longhorn is a pre-release. The compabilities are awful. As for the interferance, it's improved. As for resources, it sucks over 65% of them

Now now. This is only in Alpha. A lot can change and a lot will improve. I say that we shouldn't jump the gun. I feel that it is too early to carve a desicion (slaughtered that word) or opinion about it into stone.

Steven12 said:
you need a 64 bit computer and i might upgrade when it comes out.

uhh, no.

When Longhorn will come out, they will have both 32-bit and 64-bit OSes.

They even work for the Longhorn server

it's going to have some sweet features but mainly just cosmetic stuff. Man i sound like a chick. haha. But i'm sure you can turn down how much resources it takes up just like in xp you can do that as well. It might have a tune down option for when you are using more resources kind of like when you aren't using alot of your cpu it lowers it's speed.

Back
Top Bottom