Loads of help needed...2 computers...

Mutant Corn

Daemon Poster
ok, first computer...I'll try to not make this a text wall

Dell XPS M1210 laptop, 2 gigs ram and a Centrino Duo (2GHz, Merom I think) (Vista HP 32bit)

I'm trying to figure out what I can do for the graphics card on this one. I have a GeForce Go 7400 graphics card...pretty weak compared to the rest of the system. I can't find anything to upgrade to that doesn't suck as well...not cool, because I'm a fan of gaming.

While playing games(mostly MMORPG's), more often than not my games start running really slow, and when I minimize them both processor cores are maxed out. I doubt that Hero Online takes 4 gigs of processing power..I'm assuming the GFX card is overloading? (I sometimes get a display driver error recovery message to accompany this)

2nd computer

HP Pavilion XL773, Celeron 733MHz, 5xx Mb of RAM, Xubuntu

Coppermine model, so FCPGA Socket 370(There's Tulatin Adapters available, I believe)

Yeah...it's a turtle. I'm trying to figure out what the fastest processor that can be supported is. I have 2 slots for memory, also, if that's a factor.

Ha...'twas as I feared. I'm not an avid gamer, just every once in a while.

It's a college pc; I liked the idea of 5+ hours of battery more than playing games.

Can I O/C it?

Idon't have much experience with laptops :( (obviously)

proberly times it by to , and dont overclock a laptop, they have one tinyfan and an OC will overheat

you cant overclock a laptop

and a dual core 2ghz is not 4ghz

...both cores were maxed..how do you explain a dc?

Why can't you? (talking about the video card, not the cpu)

Also...could there be a problem with the driver, do you think? The 7400 isn't great...but games like this aren't exactly very demanding in that area...

edit: ha...spanish version

Back
Top Bottom