Lite-On DVD-R corrupted firmware

ILjXYZ

Beta member
Hello,

I recently purchased a Lite-On LH-20A1H-186 DVD-R to replace my dead Pioneer 108. Everything was going fine with the drive several burns later, when during a burn another program running on my computer decided to crash which in turn caused Windows to freeze up. Nothing was responding and my only option was to manually power-cycle the computer. However, the burner's light for burn in progress was still lit, so, since I was burning a DVD-R at 4x, I decided to wait about 10 minutes to see if it would finish the burn. I waited but it didn't finish the burn. So, I reset the computer. When I booted back into Windows I was shocked to see that Windows no longer recognized the drive. I rebooted again (this time correctly) and noticed that the BIOS recognizes the drive during POST but instead of listing it as a Lite-On LH-20A1H-186 it lists it as a random series of letters and numbers. This leads me to believe that the firmware became corrupt. However, I can't get Windows or DOS (if I boot from a bootdisk) to recognize the drive in order to flash it back. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Any help is appreciated. Thank You,

-Charlie

Get in touch with lite-on, and if they cant tell you what to do, then get them to replace it.

Back
Top Bottom