Linking two laptops

Law Girl

Beta member
I have two Compaq presarios that are in bad shape- one has black screen- it still starts up- the other has something wrong with the plug for the battery adapter- so you only get about 45 of battery time before it dies- then I swap the battery to the black screeen computer- so my question is - the computer with no screen has important data on it- is there a way to use another laptop to see the data and download it-:) thank you

ok here would be my best suggestion seeing as you have 2 laptops take the hardrive out of the 1 with the bad screen and put it in the working 1, backup all important data,

depening on hardrive size you may wish to keep that 1, also consider taking the RAM out of the bad screen 1 it may fit in the other 1 and give you perfomance upgrade.

also if it is indeed just the screen thats broke you could always hook up an external monitor to it and run it from that to backup the stuff or run it from a monitor as a normal desktop ?

Ok, so what's wrong with the screen? It's just black? The laptop turns on but the screen does nothing?

Yes.. just hook it up to an external monitor.. would work fine. And I would also suggest putting the hdd from the "Balck screen" laptop into the good one. I'm assuming they are both the same.. probably 40gb hdds a piece. You can always put that same "Black Screen" hdd into your desktop and back it up on a desktop hdd. Then buy a bigger laptop hdd.. and either share the files over a network or just put the new one in the desktop and transfer the files that way. If you wanted a bigger one...

You can get a usb data transfer cable and download the data. Check newegg and microcenter.

Back
Top Bottom