Limited or no connectivity..

joxley1990

Golden Master
So, im at a friends house reinstalling windows, its all completed and when I try to get on the internet, I get the lil error message at the bottom corner saying Limited or no connectivity. The drivers are installed, and the otherc computers on the network are fine, its behing a D-LINK ethernet router. What can I do??

is it a dell by any chance? when i reinstalled windows on my dell from my dell windows xp disk, it didn't install my network driver, so i couldn't get onto the internet. i had to use another computer at a friends house, go to the dell website, and download the necessary driver onto a cd and then put it on my computer. i know you said all the drivers are installed, but you may want to double check, or maybe even see if there is an updated driver that will help.
also, this may help you..... http://www.pchell.com/support/limitedconnectivity.shtml

Check the Device Manager- make sure the drivers are installed, as already suggested. Make sure you have a known good Ethernet cable. If wireless, make sure it's not setup for a network key. You will need the key if so. Also, make sure the router is not setup for static IP addresses, which will give you this same error. Need more help, post back.;)

Right, the installation was from a DELL cd but not on a dell computer, the drivers are on a different disc, the ethernet cable is just standard cheapy cable, but it has worked before - fine, the router must be ok because all the other computers are fine...any more ideas?

Sometimes this happens to me once in awhile. Try unplugging the router and plugging it back in. Works for me everytime.

Non dell systems can not be loaded using a dell version of xp. It's a custom version of xp meant just for thier systems. The sp2 also appears to have been installed incorrectly. The alert you get is the give away.

setishock said:
Non dell systems can not be loaded using a dell version of xp. It's a custom version of xp meant just for thier systems. The sp2 also appears to have been installed incorrectly. The alert you get is the give away.

Uuumm...sorry but I have to disagree..my old dell came with the XP disc, and seperate drivers disc, all that is different with the XP cd is that it makes a folder called "DELL" in the C drive, so I just delete it..

Teencompwiz2 said:
Sometimes this happens to me once in awhile. Try unplugging the router and plugging it back in. Works for me everytime.

Hehe, thanks, its working now after I did that, dont know why it didnt do it before, I turned off all the network printers, the network camera, all the computers, turned off the network plugs, then just started all over, thanks!

PS sorry to double post.

Because, you have the first half of the netword code correct, but there is a letter/number out of place. Or you dont have access through your router.

Back
Top Bottom