leaving ur comp on

It's good to leave it on. I mean, if it's running cool, there's nothing to worry about. I never turn mine off unless I have to force a reboot due to some Windows error or whatever. I actually think it's better to leave it on instead of turning it on and off all the time. Less stress on the parts.

TRDCorolla said:
It's good to leave it on. I mean, if it's running cool, there's nothing to worry about. I never turn mine off unless I have to force a reboot due to some Windows error or whatever. I actually think it's better to leave it on instead of turning it on and off all the time. Less stress on the parts.

I thought the same thing. I akin it to a car driving city or highway. The initialization is more stressful than keeping running constant.

Exactly. Imgaine the stop and go on city streets. Very bad on gas mileage, very hard on the motor, tranny gets hot easier, brakes wear out quicker, etc, etc. on and on. Just leave it on all the time.

Haha... then you run up the power bill. It's a good analogy, but it just doesn't really apply to this situation, although I can see where you're going with it. I'm not going to be picky, but I'll explain. lol... but seriously, turning off your comp, or at least restarting it, does help your comp. Your ram is freed up and refreshed, and you can stop whatever programs aren't responding, if any. Gas mileage is different, because a computer doesn't keep track of time that you turn it on, "travel in cyberspace" so to speak, etc. It's true though, CONSTANT restarts, like ones that you just hold down the power restart button for 5 seconds to shut it down, or like pulling the power cord out of the psu or the entire extension cord, will damage the pc eventually, screwing up not only the psu but the precious components inside the pc. Yeah....

I turn mine off before i go to bed, turn it on when i get home from school the next day. Been doing this for 5 months now, no problems.

Depends on the quality of your psu, too. My thermaltake that I just got (430W) will hopefully last me a long time. I know, I know, I should've gone antec, but this psu was great for the price and I didn't have the funds for the better antecs, or, the high end ocz's.

Back
Top Bottom