laptop won't boot all the way

turtlen

Solid State Member
i have a acer aspire one mini laptop and the problem is when i power up the laptop and
it powers up and gives me two options, option 1 Launch startup repair but it says it
can't repair the laptop, option 2 start windows normally when it boots up theres a
temporarily blue sreen but goes out before i can read what it says then goes back to
option 2,i tried flashing the bios with 3309 update as suggested on website but theres
this annoying sound that is coming from the laptop whistling sound when i hold down
fn+esc buttons is there anyway to fix this laptop or put in a fresh install of windows 7
it has windows 7 starter on the system,

You will need to install windows from a USB drive. To do this, format a USB drive as NTFS (make sure it's at least 4GB in size).

Copy the contents of the Windows 7 disc to the USB Drive. I do this using the command prompt.

Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt and select Run As Administrator

Type the following (Without quotes and X: is your disc drive and Y: is the USB drive)
"xcopy x: y: /h/i/c/k/e/r/y"

Plug the USB thumb drive into the netbook and go into the Bios.

Change the boot order to you have your USB boot first.

Where you select the language to install, you can actually press F10 to do a startup repair of the netbook and see if that resolves the issue. If not, boot from USB again and reinstall Windows.

You cannot go to start up repair like that. And if you are getting a blue screen error you need to make sure of the error code. It might be due to some kind of infection on your computer that the boot files on the computer might have been corrupt. So which is the OS installed.

Back
Top Bottom