laptop repair

altimator2001

Baseband Member
I have a compaq nx9010 and when I go to boot it up there is nothing on the screen, but when it goes on it seems normal. I think it may be a loose connection to the mobo from the screen. Any help suggestions please let me know

Are you saying that the screen is blank during boot, then works after the computer is booted?

sometimes the screen will be blank on start up and other times it will boot normally and when it boots and the screen is blank it stays blank. I was thinkin of hitting f11 and restore it to factory settings.

The inverter PCB might be going out. When the screen goes "blank" can you still see a very faint image or does it go completely out?

it goes completely blank no faint image or anything.. But when it does decide it wants to show an image on the screen it boots up normal and asks if i want to start windows normally or in safe mode. I did not click on either option. i did however let it check for errors since the laptop was shut down unexpectedly and it will get to step 2 at 13% and not do anything.
If I were to go replace the inverter that should take care of the problem and run good again?

THANK YOU for you for your help I really appreciate the time and effort

it goes completely blank no faint image or anything.. But when it does decide it wants to show an image on the screen it boots up normal and asks if i want to start windows normally or in safe mode. I did not click on either option. i did however let it check for errors since the laptop was shut down unexpectedly and it will get to step 2 at 13% and not do anything.
If I were to go replace the inverter that should take care of the problem and run good again?

THANK YOU for you for your help I really appreciate the time and effort

No, the inverter won't help in this case. The inverter is kind of like a ballast for the back light. If you could see a faint image then it could mean that the back light (or the inverter that controls it) is dying. An inverter is relatively cheap for most laptops, whereas replacing the actual backlight usually means replacing the whole LCD unit. In some cases, replacing the LCD unit can cost almost as much as buying a new laptop. At this point you probably having nothing to lose so you might as well do a system restore. (I would just do a clean install if it were my laptop).

Ok so I just turned the laptop on and it seemed like it was going to boot up but I know it doesn't so i tried to hit f11 to restore it since its a Hp but the model is compaq brand(this was a built laptop for my sister thats why I am not sure ) if theres a way to restore it w/out getting to the main screen that would be helpful..

Also I shut the laptop off and then tried to turn it back on and it would not turn back on the screen jus does not show an image it boots I can hear it turn on and everything

Do you have a system restore disk? You can try booting from that and running the restore utility.

I don't have a restore disk. I know you can get to the restore menu from boot up. I know its f11 for an hp but im not sure if it is the same with a compaq

Back
Top Bottom