Laptop Not Starting Up Properly

machineman

Beta member
Hey all,

Long story short, my HP laptop (of 3 or so years) has now bitten the dust. It's had blue screen of death a couple times, it's been running slowly for a while so i guess it just gave up. When i press the power button it make a very quiet noise, the power button lights up and the caps lock light, lights up and flashes but nothing else.

I'm looking to buy this laptop:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00HR6U4F6/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=computers#productDetails

There are a lot of things on my HP laptop that i really need to get off it. Does anyone know how i can do that?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Sam

You could swap hardrives if you have the driver CD for the new one

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

Buy one of these: Newegg.com - sata usb adapter

Pull the laptop hard drive out and hook it up to the new laptop/computer and it basically turns into a really big USB drive. Then you can copy whatever you need. It's really handy to have one of those adapters around anyway.

You could also take it to a repair shop where they will have that adapter and be able to backup your data (for a fee of course).

Next time make sure you have backups of everything, either online - in the cloud or on DVDs or an external hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom