Laptop Issues

Scotty89

Beta member
I have a Toshiba Satellite L305. Does any one know how difficult it is to replace the hinges for the screen or is there a way to tighten them back up? I've had the laptop a couple years and they aren't terrible but they are getting loose.
I have a another question about my other laptop. Its a Gateway MT6730. The battery seems to run completely dead in around three days if I don't use it. That's with it shut down. I have replaced the battery and I had to buy another charger. The charging port has a broken solder joint. I have tried to solder it back together and it isn't as bad as it was. Can this bad joint cause the battery to run down or do I have something else going on?
Any help is appreciated!

I haven't tried tightening a set of hinges, but if you are mechanically inclined enough to tear apart a laptop to solder on it, then you should be able to at least remove the hinges and take a better look.

A replacement set of hinges shouldn't cost that much, if you go to eBay.

As for the battery issue; it seems like you have a different problem going on, there-- you sure you aren't putting it into hibernate instead of full shutdown?

I'm a Mechanic for a living. But i found out that if you remove the cover that's just above the keyboard on my gateway laptop you can get to the contacts for the charging port. It kept me from having to completely tear the laptop apart several times.

Back
Top Bottom