Laptop issues

unblack4god

Baseband Member
I just secured an IBM Thinkpad laptop. There are a few problems with it that I wanted to run my you guys. The stats I found on the laptop are in my signature.

1) The battery can no longer hold a charge. As a result, I have to keep it plugged into an outlet at all times to be able to use it. What options do I have as far as battery replacements go?

2) The N key on the keyboard is flat missing, and some of the other keys have letters that are either beginning to or are in the process of wearing off. My brother used to use the laptop and he was quite abusive to it :(. I know I could plug in another keyboard, but that is just going to end up being a hassle for the laptop, especially when I get in the position that I can take it on the road without having to worry about the battery. Is there any way to replace the missing key or have a keyboard hooked up to it that is transport friendly?

Also please note that there is no way for the laptop to access the internet. I can use my iPod to transport program execution files to it if necessary.

Ok erm for a start i would look on ebay for replacement parts both keys and a battery

I'd much rather buy from a store like Fry's first. I really have a tough time trusting ebay when it comes to anything above 50 bucks or so.

Back
Top Bottom