laptop hard drive clone

jerni21

Solid State Member
i want to upgrade my laptop hard drive and i dont have the windows xp cd or any of the office 2003 products that came installed on it so i was wonderin if there was some way i could make a clone of the whole hard drive and put it on a new bigger one? without losing any data or operating system

No. Just burn it all to a Dvd, or lots of Cds. And Reinstall the Os on the other drive.

Who did you get it from? Because call the company that made you the laptop, and say you need the disk. They should give it to you.

Well if it is still under warrentee, call them up, and say you need the disk. If they ask why, make up a story.

I think there is a way to create an operating system CD through windows, but I'm not sure how to do it...google it, and hopefully you'll find something

Well as long as you have a cd key for Windows its no big deal. Then you can just borrow someones cd for a day and use your cd key. Thats not really illegal its not the disk that is worth the money, but the cd key. So i think thats your best bet, just borrow your friends xp cd and put in your cd key all will work out great. For all the other stuff such as songs you might have to burn them on cd's or dvd's. Unless you are willing to buy an external drive in which you can send all the data to it from your laptop. Also for Micro 03 again as long as you have a cd key that you paid for its no big deal. Just borrow someones cd, and if you cant to that on a whole different note do you use torrent/p2p :). Hopefully that helps you

Back
Top Bottom