Laptop CPU Temperature...

dan7777

In Runtime
Hi guys,

I was wondering, do laptop CPUs generally run at a high temperature than desktops? My laptop is running at about 60degrees - according to Everest. What is a healthy temp?

Any comments would be really appreciated!
Cheers!

My Centrino Duo on my Toshiba listed in my sig has some wierd temp habits
it runs at 28 deggrees celcius idle and surfing internet but when playing world of warcraft it jumps to 50+

Steemax said:
My Centrino Duo on my Toshiba listed in my sig has some wierd temp habits
it runs at 28 deggrees celcius idle and surfing internet but when playing world of warcraft it jumps to 50+

because at idle some laptops downclock to conserve battery and to have lower temps...

hascet said:
because at idle some laptops downclock to conserve battery and to have lower temps...

yup exactly, my dual core AMD dell 1501 will downclock to 400mhz when idle, and when used it will adjust itself accordingly, but when under 100% (which it is rarely) it goes up to 1600mhz (full speed) so yea it all has to do with what your doing, mine runs about 40 idle, and up to 60 with fan at full and tons of heat coming out the back, these dual cores generate tons of heat, but they are fast as hell i must say :)

I think having it plugged in or not affects settings too. My friend was playing Most Wanted on my laptop, and I had to go, so I pulled the plug off it so I could pack it up, and the fps dropped to like 10-20, somewhere around that.

Back
Top Bottom