laptop cpu comparison

REGNARTS_

Baseband Member
Hey I want to buy a laptop. Can someone help me?

I can't figure out what is best. Pentium M (centrino) or a laptop with pentium 4 with HT technology? I know it is what I use the laptop for but for now lets just look at performance. Which CPU is better?...

Thanks in advance.

It depends what you are going to use the laptop for. I am gonna say the Pentium M, since it is a very good cpu for laptops and it has wireless capabilities.

lol, it's nto that.. if ur gonna have the laptop stationary.. bascially like ur pc, so it never moves.. get the pent 4 HT one. But if you're gonna be mobilve with that thing.. i highly suggest the centrino, they have specific traits that alllows it to save more energy due to battery length. Basically, the centrino chip slows down ur cpu when it's not necessary to have it running at 50 degrees celcius.

if ur gonna keep it at home and plugged to a wall or something, just get the HT :)
hope that helps

i have a laptop with an AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 4000+ and the battery life is like 1:10 min with the cpu running full speed, but you can just turn down the speed from the control panel... but this onl gets me to 2:30 min of laptop usage. lol

Back
Top Bottom