Laptop choice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaziri07

Baseband Member
Hi, im helping my friend look for a laptop. I have tried convincing him to go for a pc (since we are in grade 12 almost and he will need one when he moves out anyways, but currently isn't allowed one in his move), but he is pretty set on a laptop, not sure why, i hear they aren't good for games, at least not the ones in his price range.

Anyways, he sent me these two links for the laptops he is looking at...he is looking to spend about $1100, but with the warranty and such he says it totals to about $1600... so i need to know which of these is better for a few things...1) Gaming, 2) Just using it for Internet / Music, those sortsa things, with maybe less high end games

Also, if you guys can recommend anything the same price that would be better, that'd be great. We live in Canada btw, if that matters when looking at a better laptop.

(just a quick note that so far every time i've posted on here, i've either been specifically told how to fix my problem, or something i've been told has helped me to fix it myself...thanks a bunch guys :)

Well I can't see the specs on the Toshiba for some reason, the specs tab is coming up with errors. But by looking at the specs on the Sony, it's a little expensive for what you get. Only a 2.0ghz processor, 250gb hard drive, and intel graphics is probably not going to be great for gaming. But really, if he's heavy into gaming he should really get a desktop, better video cards available.

Yeah I couldn't see the specs on the toshiba either like Tommy said it comes up with an error message..

Edit: Oh wait if you click refresh it shows em

Toshiba has a bigger HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom