laptop blue screen after formatS

esa193

Fully Optimized
so im fixing a laptop and it was getting blue screens
reformatted still blue screen issues and randomly it wont boot into windows and give me a corruption issue
so any ideas? what tests should i run?

im also fixing another laptop
wont turn on plugged in battery ect
like you hit power light goes blue then off in like 2 seconds

download hirens boot cd and run some test i think it might be a hardware issue becuase if it was software issue it would stop after a format

that second one sounds like a mortherboard, hardrive, etc. If it's not under warrenty i'd take out the hard drive and try booting it up, if that doesn't work do the same with the ram and if that doesn't work it's a lot more critical problem and not worth trying

Okay, lappy one: use memtest to test the RAM and use whatever HDD diagnostic from whatever your HDD manufacturer is.

Lappy two: One possibility is a junk power adapter (I've had this more than once!). To confirm or deny this, leave it plugged in for a while (i.e. to simulate a full charge) and then yank the battery. Find the manual for it online (it should tell you what leads on the battery are pos and negative) and then use a multi-meter to see if the proper voltage is there. If not, it's your adapter, most likely.

Lappy two: One possibility is a junk power adapter (I've had this more than once!). To confirm or deny this, leave it plugged in for a while (i.e. to simulate a full charge) and then yank the battery. Find the manual for it online (it should tell you what leads on the battery are pos and negative) and then use a multi-meter to see if the proper voltage is there. If not, it's your adapter, most likely.

That might not work what if it's the connector on the laptop I'd use the multimeter on the power supply to see if the correct voltage runs through it

so im fixing a laptop and it was getting blue screens
reformatted still blue screen issues and randomly it wont boot into windows and give me a corruption issue
so any ideas? what tests should i run?

Hard drive failure/memory/processor. Also does the fan spin? The fan died on my and the processor would overheat. Leave it sit for a day and don't touch it. Turn it on and see what happens. My would boot up and I could get into Windows but then the processor would finally get too hot and it would blue screen.

im also fixing another laptop
wont turn on plugged in battery ect
like you hit power light goes blue then off in like 2 seconds

Sounds like a bad connection on the MoBo to the power connector. See if the battery light comes on when you have it plugged in - to verify it is actually charging. If they are the same laptop switch the batterys to see if a fully charged battery works. Also how old is it? Some older laptops, the batteries are pretty much shot and don't hold a charge so that when you unplug them they die right away. And if the adapter on the MoBo to the power cable is bad, then you may not be getting any power to the laptop at all. Play with the cable until you can get the battery light to come on to show that it is charging then try to turn the laptop on and see if that helps. You might have to move the cable around and hold it to one side or the other or prop something up against it to hold it is a certain spot.

whats the error code on the BSOD? Probably a hardware failure or te aforementioned power issue. Write down the code and post here thanks.

Back
Top Bottom