Laptop

ohnoes

In Runtime
my laptop is freezing sometimes when im surfing the web
Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo 1.8GHZ
2 GB RAM (2x1GB DDR2)
Nvidia 8400M GS
dont mind the gfx card

i dont see why my laptop freezes. i dont run alot of programs and i only had 1-2 firefox windows up and xfire and aim running. i barely got the laptop 3 days ago and now its freezing very often. i dont think its system stability because i already tested it and it worked fine. it is really good for gaming but a simple task such as going through folders makes it freeze

50-55 C not idle
EDIT: maybe the intel speedstop(or whatever that is when u are not using much programs the processor slows. any way to turn that off?)

Maybe it's coming from something you downloaded recently. Do a scan for spyware, or even a virus scan. Delete Temp Internet files and cookies (Disk Cleanup).

is it a dell? if it is, their laptops have been known to do this, mine did the same but i just had to deal with it for a while then it eventually went away, seems like everytime i reformat the laptop its starts this again but im not sure what it is that makes it go away but eventually it does...

I've been fortunate not to experience that with my Dell laptop. It runs perfect. In fact, it runs tons better than my desktop believe it or not. The only disadvantage of my laptop is the core video component. If that was upgraded, it would be a pretty good gaming laptop.

ok basically. there is only xfire and aim running. i dont download lots of games. i only have wolfienstien downloaded and i always clean up and clear my temp files. i dont think that has anything to do with it. i only have like 2 other programs. my other 5-6 year old laptop doesnt do this

Yea, when you download a lot of games you dont know it but things install on your computer withought you knowing it. Like iruses and crap you dont need.

ok. i dont have any virus from any of the games i downloaded(which is 1 game 1 mod*mod doesnt have virus cause i actually moderate its official forum*)
and i always scan my files

Back
Top Bottom