lack of HD spaceq

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok this just seems weird to me...i have a laptop that ive had now for about 2 years....within those 2 years ive had to recover it about 4 or 5 times from simple viruses.... now my problem is that i use to have trouble using up even half of my 80 gig HD... now ever since i started DL movies and songs and programs i cant keep it under 70 gigs full... i dont really understand why because i clean out the computer every once and a while (deleting all the movies, songs, programs that i dont use or watch) someone tell me if theres a possibilty i have unerased space being taken up that never gets used

probably system restore making restore points

do a disk clean up and select the option up top that says "More options" and click on delete all but the most recent restore points

Oh, and here's a really good option: I bought a 250gb PATA for 60$.. I'm sure a TB wouldn't be but a couple of hundred dollars - Go for it!!

Perfect. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010150014+103530113&name=400GB+-+750GB

actually, it's not perfect, the link you provided was for desktop hdds, laptop hdds are more expensive, usually much more so and the form factor is different, for $60, he might be able to get a 120GB, but no way could he get a 250GB laptop hdd for $60...

my solution would be to get an external hard drive and transfer the movies there after you download them, until you actually plan on watching them then transfer them back onto the laptop, movies take way more space than songs and applications...

ohh yeah i know about that with the movies... see thats not what the problem was...trivium is probably right because i have restored my computer quite a few times and in doing that i know that i have created some restore points because of programs that are still saved onto the HD even after i do the restore which makes it 100% logical...thanks for all the help though guys

Back
Top Bottom