Keyboard Problems???

oldun

Baseband Member
I have an Acer E5 574 laptop and my wife has an Acer E5 571 laptop, both quite new.

When entering data via the keyboard on my 574 generally I have no problems.

Just recently I had have trouble logging into my Santander online account. I am continually being told that I have entered incorrect details wham In know for sure that I have typed in the correct details. For the last 6 or more attempts I had my wife checking each character typed in. Every time we have both made sure that the caps lock is not on and I always use the numerals above the letters so that there can be no problems with the nums lock.

Naturally after three "wrong" attempts I then have to get new logon details so it is a long and frustrating tprocess.

The I had that Eureka moment. I decided to try logging in on my wife's 571 and to my surprise the details were accepted. I then went back to my 574 and the details were once again rejected.

Any ideas?

Have you tried typing the password in notepad and then copy paste it?
Just to make sure if it really does have something to do with the keyboard.

Many thanks. I will give it a go when my next set of passwords etc is sent by Santander.

I have also deleted the keyboard drivers, restarted windows so I am now using the newly installed versions. That may also help.

Back
Top Bottom