Keyboard Prob

downunder

Solid State Member
Hey all, my other half is having a prob with her keyboard. Basically, when she hits the "a" or "q" buttons, then it types "as" or "qw" instead of just the one letter. This happens in all programs. Run various spyware programs and antivirus programs and prob doesnt go away.

Im no computer genius, so what other options could i try to rectify this problem??

downunder said:
Hey all, my other half is having a prob with her keyboard. Basically, when she hits the "a" or "q" buttons, then it types "as" or "qw" instead of just the one letter. This happens in all programs. Run various spyware programs and antivirus programs and prob doesnt go away.

Im no computer genius, so what other options could i try to rectify this problem??

It sounds more like a problem with the actual Keyboard, could be that your keyboard needs some cleaning. If you can get your hands on a friend's keyboard just to test your pc it would isolate the problem, you would know if its a hardware or software problem.

Ive had alot of similar problems in the past with keyboards, and I end up opening the keyboard myself to clean it. The last time i had the problem of pressing one key on the keyboard and getting 2 or more other characters typed on the screen was due to a metalic pin falling in between the keys, so it used to short some keys together.

In summary, give it a clean or get your hands on another keyboard and test your computer.

Back
Top Bottom