keep upgrading computer

davehakkens

Beta member
Hey

I wondered if it's (easily)possible te keep upgrading the hardware of your computer, so you would never have to buy a new one.
Only a new part every now and then..

dave..

Depends on the computer and the original build. As long as the motherboard is compatible with the new parts you can keep adding. However, at some point processors & RAM will need a new mobo to be compatible. At that point, cases aren't expensive enough not to buy a new one. Also, at some point you'll have replaced/upgraded enough parts that you will have a new one.

Yes it depends on the computer build. Mostly only hard disks, cabinets, smps, optical drives are compatible (not in all cases). So keeping these same u can upgrade ur motherboard and processor etc. As some new processor comes in market a new motherboard is designed for it (in most cases). So for upgrading it u need to change ur motherboard. Whereas ram and hdd etc can be upgraded anytime. Here in India we have good seconds market. We sell our old hardware and in exchange get a new one at low cost. So its a good deal. So by upgrading ur old pc u may save hard disks, optical drives, cabinet's charges..

Cool, and why do you upgrade?
Because it's cheaper or for the fun?
And what about the computer housing and new items for instance when they introduced hdmi, or usb
Does this just fit in the old computer casing or you need to buy that new?

And just to be curious, how difficult/ how many time does it take...to keep it up to date?

I like to upgrade because it can be a hell of a lot cheaper than going out and buying a new pc, I like to do it because its cheaper and you can find some great deals online...

Cool, and why do you upgrade?
Because it's cheaper or for the fun?
And what about the computer housing and new items for instance when they introduced hdmi, or usb
Does this just fit in the old computer casing or you need to buy that new?

And just to be curious, how difficult/ how many time does it take...to keep it up to date?

it depends buddy.. these slots come onboard on new motherboards.. but for the old one's they provide these on PCI slots so you can use them.. and yes they fit in the computer casing as in the bottom there is space for it.. and it is not so difficult to upgrade just you should have the knowledge of hardware and how to assemble them..

to me it's both fun and the price difference.
also you get to choose exactly what hardware you want to use.

most hardware are designed with a "standard". if they are not, then it might be hard to sell it to anyone because they will be incompatible with some other modern hardware. what do you want to upgrade?

Do you think it is possible to do this for someone without any computer knowledge?
And what about all the software and drivers, does this just work or is it difficult to adapt everything together?

I'm working on my graduation project, I would like to make a computer which you can easily update....no struggle..no new computer...impossible?

i'll recommend that you know what you are doing before starting to do anything.
we can guide you.

are you building your own from scratch or are you just upgrading someone's computer?

Back
Top Bottom