kazaa

dude

Beta member
This is the message i get after using Spyware doctor. Can anybody help me get rid of kazaa all together. Tried to fix but keep getting unable to. Also cant find the kazaa folder on my comp. Thx for the future help.

Bundled with Kazaa. Installs a Browser Helper Object: which loads when IE is started. Altnet software is used to supply advertising content to KaZaA users

Use Add/Remove programs from the Control Panel (Start, Control Panel, Add/Remove). Find Kazza on the list and click to uninstall.

This might un-install the spyware to if its linked to it, in which case, good.

If not, and you should already have anyway, a Spyware Remover.

A good one is Spybot, Search and Destroy. Find it here:

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/

Download, and install it, and then update it. Finally run it, and delete anything it finds as spyware.

it also comes with a program called TeaTimer, which when selected to run will run in the background, coming up with messages everytime the registry is about to be changed. This is good since if spyware doe get onto the machine and a message pops up you don't know about, click to dissallow it.

If you are installing a program though and this feature is still running, right click on the logo in the taskbar on the right and close the program off, since you'll always be getting messages about registry changes :p

Another good spyware remover is Adaware:

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/adaware/

If you want to, run both, since one will find some things the other can't and so on and so forth, so you feel safer. I only run Spybot though at the moment. I had problems with Adaware, but no one else seems to, so don't let that put you off :p

I hope this helps :)

Yeah. Kazza Lite was the one worth downloading. It contained no spyware...but it got stopped simply because it was a hacked version of Kazza :p

Some people grabbed the program, and made there own copy, taking out everything.
The makers of Kazza didn't like this and threatened all who holds the program file to Kazza Lite.
People soon started deleting them from servers i'm telling you...

Its almost impossible to get now, and the makers of Kazaa say, they have changed the way the program downloads files to stop Kazaa Lite working properly...

LimeWire is in at the moment, but honestly, I wouldn't bother clogging up my machine. its all too much, and to tell the truth of it all. I'm sure no one uses these programs for legal reaons...thats just an excuse...

Back
Top Bottom