Just reformated computer.. What should I do with it?

Half Evil

Golden Master
I posted here, because I could take it, and make it a firewall. (i know that from cnet). Its just that the video card in it, is Ati Rage 128 Pro Ultra Agp 4x 16mb. Not exactly a gaming machine. But hell do you think it could handle counter strike source by chance?

P. 4 -1.5ghz
256mb Sd ram
40gb FAT 32(i think) harddrive
Lame Dell mobo..

So could this handle counter strike source, with everything on low. Or maybe, halo, all on low. I know this can at least handle guild wars on low. But yeah.. any other options on what to do with this computer?

halo is a heavy game .... it was badly designed for PC back in the day , it required good specs or else say goodbye to your fps....

you'd definatly need more ram and a decent card you probably could with like a 6600gt

For a firewall that is overkill. I have SmoothWall running on a 233Mhz. Yeah, it's stand alone and does not require almost anything to run and won't effect the performance of the network. So you could run it as a firewall if you wanted. Hmmm, sell the parts and make a buck.

Well i want to sell, for my video card, maybe i can talk the parents into is. Because at frist they said no, because they bought it, so i wasnt to tell it and get the cash for it. but now ya never know..

BUMP!

hmm i was thinking.. should i take out the card drive, and put it in mine.. i mean its not like im ever gonna use that old computer agian..

Back
Top Bottom