Just got new mobo/processor; how to upgrade?

money_man said:
aspire alien-x is a good one, and it lights up

Alright cool!

How does this PSU look: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817153023

It's a lot cheaper but also got a ton of good reviews.

And judging by my hardware, is there anything else that may or may not be compatible with that new mobo/processor? Since its 64 bit, will windows XP Professional still run on it?

Also, other than a new power supply, will i need anything else to run with this new motherboard? The CPU heatsink/fan comes with it and I have one other fan that I use for circulation... So am I missing anything?

Thanks

Great! Thanks everyone!

I couldn't believe it when my dad walked into my room and started talking to me about motherboards. I was kind of just confused. And then he's like "So how bout I get you a motherboard and processor for helping me out with my webpage and an early Christmas gift"

*jaw drop* :p

WOOT! that must make you happy eh?

Well, IO think I'll need something like $800...

Rebuilding my P4 tower, Buying the Acer PC and this nice bundle, without saying about buying 4x512RAM sticks, Some DVD-RAM drives, PSUs and all that. I feel sad :( But I will get it!

Good luck! I've noticed that building a computer is an unhealthy addiction for me. It's like its never good enough no matter how many times I'm happy with it :p And then when I try to make it better, i find a new problem :D

oh man, DO NOT let yourself fall into that...in 1 year i spent $6000.00 cad on computer upgrades do not let it happen to u.

hahaha I won't :p I'm finally happy with my specs!

Umm random qn; not worth creating a new topic over. But I ordered a 200GB maxtor hard drive from newegg and it stopped working three hours into its use. So i filed an RMA, got the number, and sent it back (original packaging and all, just with a new address).

Will I get some sort of comfirmation when they get it and what their decision is? Is it over email? How will the store credit work out (because the object I ordered had no replacements left...)

Thanks

i have no idea i never use neweg..im canadian, you'll have to wait for the other 99.8% of the cf pop. that uses newegg

hahaha no problem :) I have one more question (that's probably a lie :D)

Is the motherboard/processor I got going to need any drivers? If so, where can I download them? And also, are all of them just run in Windows (no boot discs?). I'm not exactly sure, but the detailed specs of my product say it has one AGP slot (and I think i see it; its tiny, right above PCI-E) so if that DOES in fact exist, I won't need to install onboard video drivers.

Back
Top Bottom