I've decided on this for my upgraded PSU

stevethebrain

In Runtime
I've decided on this for my upgraded PSU.

this PC is basicalley a TV DVR so there's not a big demand for alot of power the OEM was a 300Watt PSU.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817703034
here's a few reasons I choose
1.it comes w/ a AC power cord.
2.Japanese capacitors.
3.partial modular.
4.5 year warrenty.
5.single 12V rail.
6.good sized silent fan.
My only concern is the lenght of the main mobo 12V 24 pin plug wire appears kindof long, I may have to fold it.
I have sean this PSU on sale for $30. so I will wait them out.
Any thoughts on my choice of upgraded PSU.
Thanks STB

Route the cable around instead of folding it.
And just a tip, more of a rule of thumb. You buy cheap, you get cheap...

OK good tip on the routing of wire.

are you saying this is a cheap PSU?

should I be looking at say a much more expensive Sea Sonic?

Thanks STB

It is Seasonic. :)
woops my bad.

I've been reading alot of unfavorable PSU reviews and these are name brand like antec, corsair thremallake ect.

stuff like DOA, lasted one week, ect. ect.

How much do I have to give for a decent low power (350400 watt) PSU?

Thanks STB

next time if I'm unsure of spelling acuracisticy I will highlight in red for you.

Last edited:
Pleeze...
I use either Cooler Master or Corsair for my high end builds. Let me put that in perspective. Last build was $4000.00usd. This build is currently $1850.00usd and I plan to add more to it thus driving the cost and power demands up. Seriously do you think I'd put a POS power supply in my rigs with that much money invested in them? Of course not.
Do your homework and don't rely on any one source of information.

Please reread the first 2 sentences of the thread.

I've decided on this for my upgraded PSU.

this PC is basicalley a TV DVR so there's not a big demand for alot of power the OEM was a 300Watt PSU.

I currently have two internal HDDs 1TB and a 2TB would like in the future two more either 2 or 3 TB HDD, so I don't have a big demand for power.

My main concern is the OEM PSU failing because I prefer to leave the PC in sleep when not in use,

what I am reduced to is powering off the PC (that's if it won't be used for say 12-15 hours)

I'm hopping w/ a better than OEM PSU I can just leave the PC either on or at sleep.
STB

If the PC are not going to be used for 12-15 hours I'd prefer to turn it off.

Back
Top Bottom