Issue I am Having

Siver

Baseband Member
3 Years ago I use to use the PC I am currently using to edit video with Adobe Premiere 6.5. It wasn't the best PC to edit with but it would get the job done. The other day I needed to make a quick edit and I used Premiere, but my PC was so slow that I could not even capture the video from my camera. Then with the little bit that I did capture, I tried to edit with but my PC was so slow that I couldn't even play it. Do you know whats up with this? Anything I can do to fix this without reformatting?

1)delete any useless programs.

2)clear your temp folder.

3)close unecessary startup programs and running background programs.

If I do Ctrl+Alt+Delete, it shows all of the stuff that is sucking up my ram and there will be stuff such as iTunesHelper.exe on the list but I do not have iTunes running at all. Is that suppose to be running like that?

Its probably set to run at startup. Run msconfig from the cmd console, then goto startup tab and there will be a list of stuff, remove the ones you dont need to startup (google them to see what they are if your not sure)

yes, all you nice ipod stuff get set to run at startup, quicktime included.

to get to a point where you can disabled these things from starting up click the run button in the startmenu, type msconfig, and click ok.

in the startup tab, disable everything that does not need to startup. the only things taht come to mind that should stay on are anti-malware programs and driver-related apps. If you don't know what the files are just type them into the search feture on the start menu to find out what its for, and disable it if its not needed.

do the same thing for the services tab, just make sure to click the little boxy to hid all microsoft programs

Have you done spyware and virus checks? Spyware can really slow down your computer. Also, defrag the hard drive.

I would say in this case you can skip step 1.

Routine System Optimization (by LambofGod)

1. All Driver updates (examples www.ati.com , www.asus.com )

2. Windows Updates ( www.windowsupdate.com )

3. Full anitvirus scans with a program such as

AVG antivirus
http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-Free-Edition/3000-2239_4-10596553.html?tag=pop.software

4. Full spyware scans w/ 2 diff spyware programs such as

Ad-aware
http://www.download.com/Ad-Aware-SE-Personal-Edition/3000-8022_4-10399602.html?tag=pop.software

Spybot
http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022_4-10401314.html?tag=list

Windows Defender
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...ypuuCWkyIFZwdO0FivUaWMd1qwAgXMVM7oAPdOIPuUQ==

5. Msconfig the startup (go to start, run, type *msconfig* go to the startup tab)

Now disable all the services that you do not NEED to have running. For example Adobe speed launch ect…..

You can also go to the tab services, then check the box *hide all Microsoft services*
And disable service there that you do not need

(this will not get rid of the programs, just stop them from starting up)

6. Disk cleanup

Go to Start, programs, accessories, system tools, disk cleanup.

Select the drive you want to clean.

After it scans the drive select all the boxes you want to clean files out of.

(usually all of them)

Click ok.

7. Check disk

Go to start, run, type “cmd”, make sure you are on your root drive (usually C:\), type “chkdsk /f”, type “Y” .

Then restart your system

*if you are not on your root drive type “cd C:\ “ assuming C:\ = your root drive*

8. disk defragmenter

Go to start, programs, accessories, system tools, disk defragmentor.

Select the drive you want to defrag and press “defrag”

(this may take a while)

never even thought of defrag. but if you havn't done it in a while, it is deffinatly worth a shot.

There are a lot of services running and searching every single one would take forever. I'm not going to do this but if i were to disable all of the services that are checked, would my PC still run fine or are there ones that are needed for the PC to even function? The majority of the services running are Microsoft Corporation ones. Are those ones that need to be running?

if your talking about the ones in the startup just click the button that says "disable all" and restart your computer. when it restarts it will check the boxes that are necessary for startup.

if you are talking about the processes in the background, most of them that say "OWNER" or whatever the users name is can be ended, if they are needed they will start back up with no problem. except for explorer.exe thats your task bar at the bottom. if you end it by accident you can always hit (ctrl+alt+delete) "File"->"New Taks" and type in explorer.exe to get it back up.

Back
Top Bottom