Internet problems

cavemangrinder

Fully Optimized
My highspeed internet is not working and I am forced to use dial up:mad:

I get a screen with "Server Not Found".

I have a wireless connection to my laptop for highspeed. The router is connected to another computer in the other room. When this happens, I usually just click "Repair" on my laptop adaptor which disables it and then enables it, then my internet connection works fine. I've been trying that, but no cigar.

Any ideas???

is the problem with the internet browser or the connection.

try firefox if ur not allready using it. i had IE7 problems but Firefox worked

Its a problem with the connection. I'm already using Firefox. I'll try resetting the router tomorrow and see what happens. Thanks

What is the signal strength coming in as?

I would recommend that you attach your computer directly to the router and not use the wireless and see if it works. This way we can see if it is a problem with your wireless card, (IE: broken, drivers missing or outdated, etc.), or if the problem lies somewhere else. Please let us know when you do this.

Also pressing the reset button has a tendency to fix a multitude of silly problems when you press it. So definitely do that first thing when you get a chance. If you do have a signal from the wireless router, and resetting it does not do anything, try going into the command prompt and typing 'ip config \renew'.

Thanks for the quick responses. Well, it turns out. My girlfriend just turned on the computer this morning and the internet worked fine. But I will give you alls suggestions a try if this happens again.

Just fyi, my signal strength was "excellent" as usual, but the browser came back as "Server Not Found"

Then it was an issue of your computer not being assigned an IP Address by the router for one reason or another most likely. Turning the computer on or off would tell the computer to apply for a new one, which fixed the problem. Easiest solution is usually to reboot :p

Then it was an issue of your computer not being assigned an IP Address by the router for one reason or another most likely. Turning the computer on or off would tell the computer to apply for a new one, which fixed the problem. Easiest solution is usually to reboot :p

I see. Sounds like it. Thanks alot

Sounds like it may be the dns server is down. It happens. If you're on cable you may want to get the dns addresses and manually type them in the router set up. Make sure you have 2 dns addresses so it has a fallback.

Back
Top Bottom