internet problems

convergecult

In Runtime
ok so i have a d-link router hooked up to my pc and my family's compaq my internet is working just fine and so was theres untill today and now it is not working at all i have reset the modem/tried to repair ip address but it faild and switched out different ports but still nothing...anyideas?

normally when my router crashes, i:

1) shut down computers
2) unplug all net hardware (router, and modem)
3)wait a couple of minutes beofre plugging them back in
4) plug them in this order:
Modem
after the modem fully connects (give it a couple of minutes again)...
then plug back in the router
then when the routers on and booted up...plug your computer back in

i hope this helps.

See I had a D-Link Router and I had similar problems, so I took it back to the store and bought a Linksys WRT54G.

When you do a reset on the modem don't hold the button down too long or it dumps the settings. Same for the router. In my case when I have to reset the modem in order to set it up again I have to plug directly in to the card on my machine. Once that's up again I connect it back to the router and check the settings on the router as well.
When it's all done like was said power every thing down and wait a bit. Modem first. Then the router and then the computers on the network.
Some thing else. Let the whole set up run undisturbed for about 5 to 10 mins. There's a lot going on in the background. Let it finish that first.

Back
Top Bottom