Internet problem

Aaron, I had this same issue with my comp, just reboot your wireless router and you should be good.

Aaron, I had this same issue with my comp, just reboot your wireless router and you should be good.

done that LOADS of times ha, still doesn't work ha

grrrrrrr, i might just fully wipe my HD but then i will need to find a windows disk :(

ffs, why did it just stop in the first place i didn't do anything

Have you tried a system restore? This worked once for me too. Sorry the other tip didn't help :(

yeah tried system restore too! it worked sometimes when i turned the computer off and on and then others it didn't work!

Vista, the problem occured on XP so i then upgraded to Vista to see if it fixed the problem but it still happened. so i think it's a hardware problem

While it could be a hardware problem, I want to say that you simply have too many wireless signals going around the house. What bandwidth is your router? 2.4GH? More than likely that's what it is. Besides all those computers, do you own a gaming console and/or cordless phones (not to be mistaken for cellphones)? These could all be causing interference. Take a cat5 (ethernet) cable and connect your laptop directly to the router. Does it connect to the internet now? Since other computers can connect fine, this is not a router issue. So it has to be either too much wireless signals around the house, or a problem with the software/hardware of the network adapter. A third, yet not likely, scenario is that 2 of your computers are sharing the same IP address. Do you have any static IP addresses set up? Can you log in to your router and confirm that all devices connected to it have different IP addresses?

While it could be a hardware problem, I want to say that you simply have too many wireless signals going around the house. What bandwidth is your router? 2.4GH? More than likely that's what it is. Besides all those computers, do you own a gaming console and/or cordless phones (not to be mistaken for cellphones)? These could all be causing interference. Take a cat5 (ethernet) cable and connect your laptop directly to the router. Does it connect to the internet now? Since other computers can connect fine, this is not a router issue. So it has to be either too much wireless signals around the house, or a problem with the software/hardware of the network adapter. A third, yet not likely, scenario is that 2 of your computers are sharing the same IP address. Do you have any static IP addresses set up? Can you log in to your router and confirm that all devices connected to it have different IP addresses?

okay that sounds alright, i will try it later when i get a chance, got alot of stuff going on.

i'm not sure how to access the router or what the logins are either.

i'll do what you've asked later and then repost the outcome.

Thanks

To login to the router, connect the ethernet cable so you know that you have a connection and then open an internet explorer and in the address field, type 192.168.0.1 and press enter. This will take you to the router homepage. The Admin passwords should be default, you can google your router type to get the appropriate router login. Try username admin and password admin.

Back
Top Bottom