internet keeps disconnecting...

Gamingfreak

Fully Optimized
Hey guys, recently my internet has been disconnecting like crazy and when i go to look at my router the light for full conectivity isnt on but for the other computers in my house it is. I just checked my device manager and it says i have no ethernet controller, is that the problem?

Is it wireless or not? You can get the Ethernet controllers off of the utility CD that came with your DFI motherboard. I would check further in Network Connections (Control Panel) and double check there for connectivity issues. See if you're getting an IP address, Gateway.

After speaking with my ISP and my router manufacturer (linksys) they both told me my router has failed somehow and that i need to buy a new one, i tried reinstalling the ethernet drivers for my motherboard a few times and the full connectivity light on the router came back on but im still disconnecting. Is it possible for a router to just fail? How is that possible? I read a couple of reviews for my router and some ppl said it failed after about 1 year - a year and half which is about the time ive had it.

(It is a wired router by the way)

Back
Top Bottom