internet explorer and "kernel"

kidney4

Baseband Member
some times when i open internet explorer it will freeze then when i try to close it, it willl freeze again, then eventually when it does close a message pops up and says, "internet explorer has caused an error in "kernel 32" (or sumthin like that) and will now close" what is wrong and how do i fix? :confused:

steersteer

some times when i open internet explorer it will freeze then when i try to close it, it willl freeze again, then eventually when it does close a message pops up and says, "internet explorer has caused an error in "kernel 32" (or sumthin like that) and will now close" what is wrong and how do i fix?

HI, STEERSTEER....
I AM NEW HERE AT THIS FORUM BUT HAVE BEEN AROUND THE COMPUTER WORLD SORT OF SPEAK.

I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TELL PEOPLE THAT INTERNET EXPLORER HAS A S*IT LOAD OF BUGS IN IT.
THE BEST THING YOU CAN DO TO PROTECT YOUR COMPUTER AT THIS POINT, IS TO GET RID OF THAT BROWSER INTERNET EXPLORER.

IF YOU GO TO ANY COMPUTER FORUM AND READ THE THREADS...U WILL SEE FOR YOUSELF THAT MANY,MANY PEOPLE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH BOTH INTERNET EXPLORER AND OUTLOOK EXPRESS.

SO TO B SAFE, I WOULD LOSE THE INTERNET EXPLORER, AND USE A DIFFERENT BROWSER.
INTERNET EXPLORER HAS WAY TO MANY ENEMY'S RIGHT NOW......VIRUSES,TROJENDS,HACKERS...ECT...

The problem is most probably a memory or installation issue,

I'd try downloading a copy of I.E 6 from the microsoft website and installing it, hopefully this will srt out your installation if it has gone wrong...

Mr MIX
(this will be really annoying fr forum users but I just have to do it, my finger is hovvering, pressing, yes CAPS LOCK!)

yOU MAY THINK YOU HAVE BEEN AROUND IN THE COMPUTER WORLD BUT YOU BALATENTLY HAVENT SINCE YOU DON'T EVEN REALISE THAT I.E IS NOT AFFECTED BY VIRUSSES OF TROJANS... THE ONLY THINK THAT AFFECTS IE IS ACTIVEX SCRIPTS WHICH ARE A FEATURE THAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN OTHER BROSERS, MOZILLA OPERA AND NETSCAPE HAE NO ACTIVEX SUPPORT WHICH MEANS THAT THEY ARE NOT SUSSSEPTABLE TO ACTIVEX SCRIPTED ATTACKS BUT ALSO SOME SITES MAY NOT WORK PROPERLY...

AN ACTIVE X IS NOT A VIRUS OR A TROJAN IT IS A SCRIPTED PROGRAM THA TMAY DOWNLOAD A FILE TO YOUR COMPUTER, THAT FILE MAY BE A VIRUS.
THERE ARE NO VIRUSSES THAT RUN AUTOMATICALLY (WELL THEREIS ONE BUT THT HAS BEEN PATCHED) THAT RUN FROM JUST OPENING EMAILS, FREQUELNTLY UNKNOWING USERS JUST OPEN ATTACHMETS.

(i'm going to stop with the caps now (i assume my point is made)

when the user opens and runs the attachment a malicious script may be run or a malicious excecutable may be run depending on what the attachment is.

A trojan comes as a virus attached to a file and comes in no other form it takes its name from the story of the trojan horse (beware greeks bearing gifts)

activeX script support is not included in other browsers since it is a microsoft technology. this however does not make them immune to attack. other attaks may include the use of malformed headers in a file linked to by the page, and even (and this is a great one) a standard HTLM command that is impropperly assigned!

a properly instaled properly patched version of IE will more than suit most people browsing needs, and provised people do not get click happy with OK install this buttons they should be fine.

ad before you say anything about IE needing constant patches, Mozillas fire fox has just recieved it's second major version update this year.(uninstall before you install or else there will be problems)

Back
Top Bottom