Internal or external HDD?

The Power

Daemon Poster
I need another hard drive for my computer since I want to back up files and programs and need more computer space. I also want the hard drive so i can save all the stuff if I decide to reinstall Windows.

So should it be an external or internal one? I hear internal is a lot faster but I also like the fact that external hard drives are portable and easier to take around.

Depends if you are gonna be using it much. If you need to access your files all the time, then probably internal would be better. If its just occasionally, then external is great.

I will probably put all my media on the new hard drive, and I listen to my music all the time.

I will probably put all my media on the new hard drive, and I listen to my music all the time.
Then internal would be the way to go.

I have all my music on an external hdd and have no problem with it at all. But if you do get an internal you could set up a RAID and then back everything up that way.

Cheers!

How do I do that? And what is it?

Also- Lets just say my computer crashes for no reason and I lose everything on my C drive. If I have another internal hard drive, will that get screwed up too?

I haven't been here in a while, and as a result, I'm pretty rusty on computers, lol.

How do I do that? And what is it?

Also- Lets just say my computer crashes for no reason and I lose everything on my C drive. If I have another internal hard drive, will that get screwed up too?

I haven't been here in a while, and as a result, I'm pretty rusty on computers, lol.

If your C drive craps out, your secondary hdd won't be affected.

Here is some info about RAID :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redundant_array_of_independent_disks

Side note* I couldn't help but notice are avatars look kinda similar lol

Back
Top Bottom