internal dvd-rw installation...

lowerthanyou

Solid State Member
i just grabbed up a dvd-rw for real cheap, but it did not include any cables...

now, will a regular IDE cable connected to my original CD drive, and a power source work just fine as long as the jumper is setup right?

thanks!

thanks! fastest response i've seen on a forum in...well...forever.

i'll be sticking around here for sure...thanks again!

ok so...i set it up...pc recognizes it, but the power light just keeps on flashing, and it wont eject...return it for another? LoL

i have checked them but here's what they are setup as...

the jumper on my CD-RW (installed OEM) is all the way to the left

jumper on the DVD-RW is all the way to the right (the way it was out of the box)

both have power, and both are connected via the same IDE cable...power light just keeps on flashing no matter what power connector, or jumper setting i use.

I have no clue what all the way to the right or to the left is. Put one device or the other on cable select and it will autodetect it.

You have to remove the cd-rw and check to see the diagram on the top and then make sure it is set as master or if it has it...master with slave . That one must be reinstalled at the end of the ide cable. The new drive is set to slave and is mounted to the middle connector on the ide cable.
The location as right or left is useless on jumper settings as each manufacturer has their own direction of jumper location.

Back
Top Bottom