Intel processors

mighty_chick

Fully Optimized
which one would you guys say is a better processor in the long run, the "Northwood" or "Prescott"? According to some reviews i was looking at the Northwood beats Prescott in almost every test. i was just wondering what you guy think is the best one

The Northwood core is older compared to the newer Prescott core. All the Prescott cores use socket LGA775, and have better stock ghz, than the Northwood. But the new 31 pipelines actually decrease overall performance, and leak energy more than the Northwood cores. And energy leaks=heat. Since the Northwood and the Prescott are almost the same in performance, the Northwood core would be cheaper, and cooler also. Of course, AMD is even better than that, but yeah....:p

the prescott comes in the 478 socket too...as of right now i want a northwood because the only fans i have in my computer are my cpu fan and video card fan, also it seems to do much better in tests. would this be a "prescott" cpu?

Intel PIV 3.2EGHz
Socket 478 1024k 800FSB Retail

Dunno. But Northwoods are a good choice right now. Prescotts are just too "clumsy" and choke on performance due to the extended pipelines.

wow this is awesome!!! one of my old ass posts!!! im seriously not being sarcastic or anything, this is awesome...well to update everyone. i now have a amd 64 3000+, neo 4 sli platinum mobo, 160gb hd, 2x6600gt's, 7.1 sb live, dvd-rom, cd-rw.

Ahh, I see you manage to pass my 3dmark. Wait till I get my 7800GTX in. I'm looking forward to a new build soon. Just can't make a decision yet. But it's going all out crazy.

Back
Top Bottom