Intel Penryn

That would be around the release date for Windows Codename Blackcomb...that won't come until looong afterwards. But looking at these low power CPUs and improved speeds, let's say they are Blackcomb Ready. Oh and...32-bit is out of there by then.

I wonder if they shall finally develop the 128-bit processor.

lol that would be awesome!! 128bit?!?!??! like yea I have a AMD 128 X10 29000+ runnning at 10.65242635 GHZ!!

128-bit won't be around for a while. It's simply not practical and the market has hardly shifted over to 64-bit yet. Over 80% of apps are still 32-bit.

Yeah, the 32 to 64 bit jump is really slow.. they would be crazy, not to mention stupid to put out 128 bit.. it would be useless to 90% of the population.

Wow, there's got to be a limit eventually. Smaller and faster, whew. I can't wait to read more about it as the release date edges closer.

Actually, smaller and faster isn't actually s hard as you;d think.

Take a 100psi water pump and has output. Take a 250psi tube. You'll see that the tube is never full and is never at full capacity. However, if you put the 100psi pump and inplant 5x 100 psi tubes, it would be around the same as the 250 tubing. So, what they've done, is that they took the 100psi pump, and used the normal tubes. So, in that means: You can have more space for more pumps rather than clutting them with big tubes.

That's around what they've done. Reduce it to the small capacity and inplant more. Smaller, and faster.

Haha, well the official name would probably be OctoFX. :p Seriously though...the QuadFX or 4x4 is such a gimmick. It's expensive, spews out tons of heat and looks ugly. X-Bit Labs benchmarked the QuadFX with two FX-74's (the FX-74, FX-72, FX-70 are QuadFX only) and needless to say, the Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6800 handed QuadFX it's ass in EVERY benchmark X-Bit conducted. :D

Back
Top Bottom