Intel E7500 Compatability Problems - Help Please

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
I have recently bought a Intel E7500 Cpu to replace the old P.O.S. Pentium D, and I am now booting it up for the first time. The CD Rom Buzzes up, the HDD whirls up to speed, and the monitor, does nothing. Pulled out the Sata CD and the 8500gt and went to an old PNY 280, same thing, integrated vide, zip, unpluged everything except the cpu fan and integrated video, heard a beep for no ram, but zip on the screen, unplugged it, replugged it, zip, went to my sister's monitor, same thing.

After reading some of the labels on my motherboard, I am begining to question its advertised compatability.

It says it is only compatible with 04A and 04B Dual Core Processors, and although in the past it was ussually a ram problem, I have gone through all 14 sticks in my desk in multiple variations of speeds, size and brands. Wondering if it is the wimpy 450 Psu.

Is the E7500 non compatible with my motherboard?
Or do I need a biger power supply(I'm going to need it anyways, for a BIG secret.)
Or did the cpu I got was a peice of trash?

Thanks ahead of time. :)

Which motherboard? Put the old CPU back in, does the system still work? If it does, get the latest BIOS for your motherboard and try the new CPU again. If it still doesn't work, then it's possible that the new CPU isn't compatible.

Back
Top Bottom