Intel CPU that needs clearing up

get the bigger rims and it probably wouldnt make much of a difference, either way i love your car. why do you have it lowered 2" and then keep stock suspension pieces?

TRD struts cost way too much. It's actually a 1-1.5" drop all around, but the aero body kit on there makes it real low. I've got scrape marks like crazy on the front bottom of that kit. Besides, the drop was still within tolerance to Toyota specs. I didn't need a camber kit because it wasn't that low and the wheels are making normal contact to the ground.

nothing worse than seeing someone that needs a camber kit and doesnt get one. hmm i cant see it getitng and lower if you put 18" on it, the tire height u lose you gain in the extra size of the rims and then the tire on the 18" rim so i dont think it'd get much lower. looks crazily fun to drive though got any wins you'd like to tell me about..like corolla vs camaro or something

I've beaten Honda Accords, Civics, especially the hatchback Civics, and the other car I raced was against a friend of mine. I don't really know how fixed up they are, but they all had exhaust at least. I don't usually participate in races, espeically these ones I've mentioned being on the streets. All of them were from stop lights, except for my friend and a couple of guys sitting in their hatchback Civic. My friend had a VW Jetta I raced against. I gained on him pretty quick after he got an early launch. That bastard. I pulled so hard in the first two gears redlining as I go, I could see him looking back at me when I started to pass him, lol. I ended up beating him by half a car length. Another time was with my other friend in his Acura RSX (not Type S) on the freeway. We were using our cell phone with a headset and trying to sync a race side by side on the fly but it got too dangerous. Too many cars changing lanes and not a clear straightaway. I know I can smoke him though. If that was a Type S, I would've been a close race or he could have beaten me if I screwed up somewhere or had a misshift.

Judging from the lack of L2 Cache, I'm assuming it's the Williamette core. Yes, the Williamette core used the 0.18 micron process. It should work with any Socket 478 motherboard, although it definately won't work with any motherboards for the Prescott core since that processor uses the LGA775 Socket (Land Grid Array).

alvino said:
Judging from the lack of L2 Cache, I'm assuming it's the Williamette core. Yes, the Williamette core used the 0.18 micron process. It should work with any Socket 478 motherboard, although it definately won't work with any motherboards for the Prescott core since that processor uses the LGA775 Socket (Land Grid Array).

nope they make 3.0ghz-3.2ghz precott core skt 478 chips...

Not sure if this applies anymore, I've been out of the loop w/ computer hardware since I haven't been a practicing tech for 3-4 years, but as long as the motherboard(s) supports the bus speed, voltage, and will physically fit (same socket type) the motherboard *should* support the CPU right? How will the motherboard know what process it is?

Just a thought, could be totally wrong though...it has been awhile.

money_man said:
nope they make 3.0ghz-3.2ghz precott core skt 478 chips...

Those were the early Prescott cores when they didn't switch to LGA775 yet. Those are virtually non-existent anymore since Intel discontinued them and are producing the LGA775 ones instead.

Back
Top Bottom