intel core 2 ?

esa193

Fully Optimized
whats the difference besides the clock speed and price
of an intel core to quad q6600 and and intel core 2 exstream q6700 ?
is there any thing at all
or just the 500 dolor price difference?

one is a Core 2 Quad another is Core 2 Extreme. im not sure why the price is so different but you could check benchmarks on them just do a google search "quad core benches" that might clear things up

the clock speeds r diff
but besides that i dont no wats diff came catch same every thing

are you wanting to buy on of them because if you are you the cheaper one because each core will work just as good as your C2D E6600 expect it will have 4 cores instead of 2

no i was just woundering cuz i was on new egg
and im like y is one 500 bucks more then the other
its only 200 mhz more

i found the diff
the multiply is locked
so that means bad for overclocking right?

Yes, but I believe the 6600 comes with a 9x multiplier which will make for fine overclocking. 400 FSB will get you to 3.6 Ghz which almost all Core 2 Duo mobo's can handle right now.

i found the diff
the multiply is locked
so that means bad for overclocking right?

all intel chips are locked no mater what and i think AMD is locking theres too expect that you can take them down(OH JOY!) there latest core codenamed brisbane has there multiplier locked :( despite that you can get there "slowest" brisbane from 1.9GHz to 3.1Ghz by just uping the FSB i have mine at 2.5 but my mobo isnt very good so it runs into statiblity issues when you get too much higher(im lower the HT level FYI)

all intel chips are locked no mater what and i think AMD is locking theres too expect that you can take them down(OH JOY!) there latest core codenamed brisbane has there multiplier locked :( despite that you can get there "slowest" brisbane from 1.9GHz to 3.1Ghz by just uping the FSB i have mine at 2.5 but my mobo isnt very good so it runs into statiblity issues when you get too much higher(im lower the HT level FYI)

All except for the Core 2 Extreme chips, they come with unlocked multipliers.

Yeah, the advantage of the Core 2 Extreme series is that the multiplier is unlocked.

That's great for overclocking your CPU because you increase the speed of the CPU without affecting the speed of other components as you would when you raise the FSB.

Back
Top Bottom