Integrating XP with SP2

BlackRook

Solid State Member
I'm trying to integrate Windows XP Pro (V 5.1) with Service Pack 2 which i have ordered on CD from Micro$oft. Can anybody help?

I'm using a 6in1 Windows XP cd, which i DO NOT use illegally. I have Devil's Own installed but with a legitimate cd key. i use Devil's own because i update/reinstall so much that registering with MS is too much of a pain. anyways if anybody could help me with the integration that would be great. i also need the contents of what the original Windows XP CD should look like so i can emulate it. i hope i haven't asked for anything unreasonable/illegal.. if so let me know.

BlackRook

I have not quite understood ur problem i guess.
And from what i have understood i am trying to jot down these sites that might be of some hlp.
U said u wanted to integrate the Win XP and SP2 together onto one CD. Which is referred to as Slipstreaming by the Microsoft. And it is one of the feature that i included into the lastest versions of Win XP, 2000 and servers.
Try these links and see if u can help urself.

http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=295
http://groups.melbpc.org.au/~windows/page36.html
Let me know if it works..........
BTW what is the Devil's Own Software used for. Just for curiosity. Send me a link if i could get some knowledge on that.
Cheers.......

tester said:
BTW what is the Devil's Own Software used for. Just for curiosity. Send me a link if i could get some knowledge on that.
Cheers.......

Devil's Own was a patched ISO of the Window's XP CD. It got rid of activation, so by itself it was illegal. Microsoft has completely locked it out of their system now, you won't be able to update, download things from their website, etc, etc, if you use it. I don't know how it works out with a legitimate key, though. I suppose it would be less illegal.

Satori said:
Devil's Own was a patched ISO of the Window's XP CD. It got rid of activation, so by itself it was illegal. Microsoft has completely locked it out of their system now, you won't be able to update, download things from their website, etc, etc, if you use it. I don't know how it works out with a legitimate key, though. I suppose it would be less illegal.

still illegal, I wouldn't mess with microsoft that way

Still wondering...

For people who frequently replace hardware in their system, Microsoft has screwed them because if any significant change occurs such as a new drive, a significant change in drivers, a new CPU, or a combination of smaller changes, then Windows XP locks you out. So I use Devil's Own even though i have a good version of XP OEM anyways. I use the basic FCKGW at first to install it, then i change the serial within windows.. which most people don't know how to do. if you're wondering how to do this (provide your own legitimate CD key!) here's the url.

http://www.mwright.plus.com/xp.htm
(How to change Windows XP cd key)

anyways.. i'm still looking for all the names of the files and folders that are in the root directory of the windows XP Professional CD. can anybody check that out for me and give me a screenshot or a list in the forum? for the screenshot you can email it to torontoguy86@yahoo.ca

Also if you know any good guides/instructions to slipstreaming xp with sp2, drop a line

Thanks

BlackRook

I've reinstalled my legitimate copy of windows xp a number of times and haven't had a problem.

Back
Top Bottom