insufficient power supply?

ThEoNeAnDoNLY1

Solid State Member
hello

my computer used to be immense for gaming, a while ago i put a radeon 9800pro in it and recently put another cd drive in it. however no more than about 20 mins into games such as brian lara cricket 2005 or operation flashpoint the computer freezes. just la la la la.... then nothing, asif someone pressed pause, my computer beocmes un-responsive.

it used to be about 20 mins into game, then once i restarted it would be about 5, then after another restart it woudl be almost instant! this made me think that maybe it was over heating, but then i realised that if it were overheating it would chew textures not freeze. i then went onto thinking that maybe it woudl be overheating as it seems to have gotten worse lately, and "lately" i put the new cd-rw drive in.

what are the effects of an insufficiant power supply? coudl this be why it freezes all the time?

i cant even play games now!

guy

I'm not really familiar with the affects of insufficient power, but if you told me the power output of your power supply, I could tell you weather or not it's good enough.

it is 350W, i have 2 cd drives, internal sound card, 768mb of ram and an ATI radeon 9800pro connected to it. (and an AMD athlon xp2600 CPU)

Guy

Back
Top Bottom