Installing XP Home....

winterfreshpwnz

Fully Optimized
I sorta need a quick answer for this since I'm actually in the installation process as we speak, and this might be noobish of me to ask, but I really wanna make sure everything goes right cuz I've had way too many problems with my comp so I'm kinda paranoid. But anyway, I'm up to the point where it's asking what partition I wanna install to, and it shows me partition one which I reformatted and it says 114463MB (114395MB free). Is that normal cuz I thought reformatting got rid of everything and made it so that none of it was being used or is that just calculating how much I'll have left once I install? Sorry for so much noobness and paranoia, but I have had so many problems that I just wanna make sure everything goes right. So, what exaclty should I do? Thanks a million.

Well...

Always install to the largest partition. The smaller partition is overhead and gets a bit complicated to explain.

OK, but I was just confused as to why it said that not all of it was free, I mean is it ok that it says that, or do I need to format again?

Well I just reformatted it again and now this time it has more space being used (like 100mb) and when I try installing it on that partition it says there is already an OS on it, so should I just delete that partition and then reboot to install?

Oops...

Change the boot device sequence to hard drive first the cd then floppy. otherwise it will just go around in circles. Then leaving the cd in the drive boot up normally.

Back
Top Bottom