Installing two OS's on two different hard drives

buso23

Baseband Member
Hi,

I've got 4 HDD's and would like to install two XP OS's on two different hard drives. How do I do that?

Which OSs? If you're wanting to install Windows and something else e.g. Linux, install Windows first; it'll save you headaches later.

Simply choose the target partition/drive in the Windows installer and let it install. Then, install the other OS using its installer to the other drive you want, but make sure you install the bootloader over the original bootloader which will belong to Windows in this case; that is to say install the bootloader on the original drive.

Hope that makes sense.

If you're installing two versions of Windows on separate drives, then you don't even need to think about it. If you're doing XP and Vista dualboot just remember to install XP first.

and I am trying to keep it as simple as possible and that's why I installed one XP OS on a HDD, then I have detached that HDD and now am installing another XP OS on another HDD. Don't know what will happen when I plug both HDD's in :D

It's working and now I only need to change the the first master IDE with the fifth. How do I do that?

I figured it out now. WOW quite a monologue I've got here :) If anyone wants to install guerilla-style dualboot that works just PM me

Hey dude, next time just use the edit button. No reason for 4 posts in a row.

Glad you got it working.

Back
Top Bottom