Installing ram

izigga

Solid State Member
I have a macbook pro intel 2 duo core. What type of ram do i need to install and what is the max amount i can install?

Can i install ram from a g4 ibook in a macbook pro with 2.1 intel core 2 duo processor and ddr2 sdram compatibility?

i far as a remember the Ibook is a very old computer and properly don't use DDR2 ram.
so i don't think you can.
if the motherboard on the macbook supports 4 gig's of ram, then go buy a 2x2 gig DDR2 laptop kit

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

iBook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah it says here that the RAM on the g4 ibook is soldered to the motherboard. it can however be expanded with 1 RAM module.
so your model might have a RAM module in it you can use, but it can only be at best a single old 1gig RAM module.
rather buy a newer and faster 2x2 kit.

Last edited:
i far as a remember the Ibook is a very old computer and properly don't use DDR2 ram.
so i don't think you can.
if the motherboard on the macbook supports 4 gig's of ram, then go buy a 2x2 gig DDR2 laptop kit

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

iBook - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah it says here that the RAM on the g4 ibook is soldered to the motherboard. it can however be expanded with 1 RAM module.
so your model might have a RAM module in it you can use, but it can only be at best a single old 1gig RAM module.
rather buy a newer and faster 2x2 kit.
Now dats Dinosaur age right there looool...

Back
Top Bottom